Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
1 batch prepared brownie batter (from a box or from scratch)
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips to the prepared brownie batter. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour most (about 3/4) of brownie batter in a greased brownie pan. Spread evenly. Place spoonfuls of peanut butter filling on top of the brownie batter.
- Spread the peanut butter filling on top of the brownie batter.
- Drizzle the remaining brownie batter on top of the peanut butter filling.
- Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter filling somewhat through the brownie batter. To do so quickly drag the knife back and forth in the batter. Do not over swirl.
- Bake at 325° for 10+ minutes more than the brownie recipe calls for. An 8x8 pan took 45 minutes in my oven to bake. (A 9x13 pan may take about an extra 10 minutes, but an 8x8 pan will take longer. If the brownie mix is "family-size" it may take even longer.
Pan size will make a big difference for the baking time. The brownies should be baked when the edges begin to pull away from the pan or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I think these peanut butter swirled brownies will be my new go-to for quick and easy. Remember, they're easy enough for my son to make with a little assistance.
Be sure to check out all of our family-friendly recipes! If you haven't liked us on Facebook yet, be sure to do so.
Sign up for weekly or daily emails from This Simple Home.