1. A quiet afternoon. Despite the Big Kids being awake during rest time, they are quietly playing upstairs. I needed this. Despite the improvements with Little Sis, it's still not easy. From where we have come from though, this IS easy. I should not complain!
2. Anticipation of a big weekend. We will have friends over to visit. Big Sis will have a special play date-without me. Our church will also be dedicating the new portion of the building and sanctuary. (Oh, and this is after seeing an old high school friend for the first time since 1994. Ahem. I really appreciate friendship and fellowship!)
3. Girl time. Big Sis, my 5 year old, and I had our hair cut on Wednesday. My hair is its typical bob, but Big Sis had a few inches cut off and LAYERS! They are long layers, but it is a first. Probably most would not even notice the layers. Her hair looks so much more healthy! (I haven't taken a picture yet...)
4. The debut of This Simple Home after blogging at Live, Learn, Love for 2 1/2 years. Thank you for reading! Writing here is bringing new joy to blogging...joy that I didn't even know was missing, but the new focus is just what I needed. It has also been great fun emailing the friend who made the header back and forth. (I just adore the new header, too, though I was fussing with it today...and it's now the wrong size.)
5. Sharing the fun. I guess with this I am thinking of two (although related) things. I really appreciate the Reading to Know Book Club and this month's very challenging, yet very good book Beyond Opinion. (Book review will come soon, I hope! Being part of the book club really helped me to persevere through this book!) Along those same lines, Carrie (host of the book club) has a new blog. I love reading her thoughts on more than just books Living Like a Narnian.
So there you have it-just a few favorite things this week. You can join the fun whenever you like over at Living to Tell the Story or just to read others' favorites.