Oven-Fried Chicken Strips3-4 chicken breasts
1 cup flour
4 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk*
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Place vinegar in a liquid measuring cup. Fill the measuring cup to the one-cup line with milk. Let sit for five minutes to make buttermilk.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 3 or 4 pieces each. Place in a large bowl and cover with the buttermilk. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Melt butter in your baking dish in the preheating oven. When melted, cover the entire bottom of the pan with butter.
5. Place seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, and flour in a large zippered bag. Shake to mix it. (Or skip the bag and mix in a bowl.)
6. Shake extra buttermilk from chicken breast. Place in the bag and shake to cover in the flour mixture (or dip in the bowl). Place in the baking dish after butter has completely melted.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. Flip each breast after baking for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
If you want to use 5 or 6 chicken breasts, I would recommend doubling the dry ingredients and dividing 1/2 cup of butter between two 9x13 pans.
*If you have buttermilk handy, use buttermilk and skip the vinegar. I cook from my pantry, so I always make my own buttermilk.
This chicken strip recipe is quite easy, though there are quite a few steps. I promise, it's worth it! This chicken recipe was inspired by this one.
Have you signed up for my author newsletter yet? I hope you will! Please sign up here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I earn a small percentage at no cost to you. Thank you!
Sign up for weekly or daily emails from This Simple Home.