1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed 45 minutes1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 ounce cream cheese (or 2 tablespoons butter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Prepare loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Slice loaf into 24 thin pieces. (It's easiest to divide it in half first, then quarters. Then cut each quarter into six slices.)
3. Place loaf pan on it's short side to stand it up.
4. Mix sugars and cinnamon well. Dip each piece of dough into the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Place each dough piece in the pan, forming a new loaf. If you have pieces that don't fit like a loaf, place them on the side of the pan.
6. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for about 2+ hours. Dough will double in size.
7. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
9. Combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over the cinnamon dippers or serve on the side with the warm cinnamon dippers.
Be warned. The last time I made these we finished them in one night. I just couldn't resist popping a dipper into my mouth each time I passed. (Thankfully I'm not a fan of frosting on anything...)
homemade cinnamon roll recipe, do try ours. It's a keeper. If you prefer to bake everything from scratch, try my 20-minute bread dough for this recipe. Try this simple trick for cutting bread dough.
Sign up for weekly or daily emails from This Simple Home.