I was all set to make a bacon cheeseburger roll-up. The ground beef, bacon, and onion were in the frying pan. My 20-minute bread dough was rising. It was just a matter of putting it together.
And then I decided to do something different. Instead of making a roll-up, I made bacon cheeseburger muffins. They were a big hit.
Bacon Cheeseburger Muffin Recipe
bread or biscuit dough (I use my 20-minute bread dough. It includes the rise time!)
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup onion, finely diced (more or less to preference)
3 chopped pieces of bacon (or 2-3 tablespoons bacon bits)
1+ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Prepare dough as directed.
2. Oil (or spray) the muffin pan.
3. Cook ground beef, onion, and bacon over medium-high heat until browned.
4. Place a chunk of dough in the bottom of each muffin cup. Scoop ground beef mixture on the dough. Top with a small handful of cheese.
5. Bake at 375° for 25+/- minutes and enjoy.
Next time I will probably roll out the dough and then use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough. I pinched the dough off this time. The bacon cheeseburger muffins were rather bread-y, but still so good.
Sign up for weekly or daily emails from This Simple Home.