I adapted it, a bit, for some friends and I who were getting together one morning. A few days later, I made it again and ate it for lunch over the next several days. (My husband doesn't prefer sweet potatoes.)
Sweet Potato Salad
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2 sweet potatoes (4 cups), peeled and cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple, cubed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, optional
- salt and pepper, if desired
1. Combine the sweet potatoes, onion, apple, oil, and rosemary and mix. Place in an oiled pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Mix the dressing by the oil, honey, and lemon juice well.
4. Let hot sweet potatoes cool for 5 minutes. Mix in pecans and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and gently stir. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Powered by Recipage
I tried the sweet potato salad with and without the apples. I like both. I also tried it with onion powder instead of onions. If I have onions on hand, I'll use them, but if I don't, the onion powder was still great.
Be sure to check out our tasty sweet potato fries recipe and all of our family-friendly recipes.
If you have a favorite sweet potato recipe, please share it!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I earn a small percentage at no cost to you. Thank you!
Sign up for weekly or daily emails from This Simple Home.