Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-10 ounces of jam or jelly
1. Preheat oven to 400. Prepare 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine oats, flour, wheat-germ, and baking soda in a small bowl.
3. Beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
4. Add dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix thoroughly.
5. Press half of the crumb mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
6. Spread with jam.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Slice with a sharp knife.
Powered by Recipage
Homemade strawberry jam is actually much simpler to make than I thought. I don't even can mine; instead I freeze it.
Do you prefer strawberries or raspberries? (I don't prefer either...but like them both in foods and smoothies. It's a texture thing.)
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I earn a small percentage at no cost to you. Thank you!