God, through his teachings in the Bible, has truly had the most impact on my life. I do realize my inadequacies in reflecting this, but I need to give Him credit. Today, though, I want to consider the humans in my life...
At different times of my life I have had different people who have had great influence in my life. Today, instead of focusing on just one person, I'd like to share some qualities and characteristics of the people who have had a great influence upon me.
A person of great influence might...
- have opinions different than my own. However, they will ask questions to help me refine my own thoughts and listen with consideration. Sometimes we will come to agreement, and other times we may not. Respect is always important though.
- like me, but they are willing to speak truth to me, even when it hurts.
- challenge me in my faith to make me be a better child of God.
- encourage me to grow to be a better person. More gratitude and less grumbling.
- trust me to be their friend.
I am grateful for friends who have come along side of me. I am who I am today because of people in my life, past and present. Friends, mentors, pastors, and family.
May I be an encouraging person of influence, too.