Last week the blessings were easy and obvious. Not so this week.
In all honesty, this has been a rough week. Sunday afternoon I lost my voice...and a hard cold/sinus infection has been kicking my behind ever since. It would not be so tough, but everyone has been sick. Big Sis threw up once, but it was from phlegm. Little Sis threw up twice, at 4:45 a.m. right after my husband left for work. Not sure what caused that. And I had several days of complete unproductivity with three children at home. (Big Sis missed two days of preschool.) Trust me...the house is in chaos...
So...my Friday Fave Five this week...because I need to focus on them, especially now.
1. An evening out with a friend. We were able to spend our time together one-on-one! (Usually the families are involved.) We had a great evening of talking and I was much encouraged.
2. My dad and stepmom visited. They don't visit often, so it was really nice to have them overnight on Saturday. Unfortunately, we may have shared some germs with them...but it was still a great visit. Since Dad and Karen didn't marry until two weeks before Derek and me...and I was already living out of the area when began dating...I enjoy getting to know her through these visits.
3. Pioneer Girl manuscript. Oh, yes! My cousin has been reading about my love of Laura Ingalls Wilder and offered me a copy of the manuscript that eventually became Little House in the Big Woods! How about that!!! Thank you, Laura!
4. Blessings during illness: No one needing to go to the doctor. Though Big Sis had a low-grade fever at one point, all five us of avoided needing to go to the doctor! Woo-hoo! (The pediatrician is 45 minutes away...) Naps. With not feeling well, I took a couple of naps on Monday and Tuesday. It helped me get through the rest of the day, and I'm sure it helped the recovery! Leftovers. Sunday before church I threw Bacon Ranch Chicken into the slow cooker to have with Dad and Karen. Let's just say that I am grateful that we could eat it for supper many days this week. And my husband doesn't complain. (Actually he reheated some nights when I was not up for it.)
5. A tooth saved. Wednesday I had the second part of my root canal on my cracked tooth. I really didn't think the tooth would be saved since I was still feeling pain a week ago. Now the permanent crown needs to be attached to the tooth. Yes, though the tooth is saved, there is a (literally) a large price to pay.
Well, I guess when I pushed myself I thought of many blessings this week. Want to hear the bonus? When I was at the endodontist this week, the secretary was surprised to hear that I have three children. She said, "You probably hear this all the time, but you don't look old enough to have three children." I literally laughed out loud since I look every day of my thirty-five years. (I was not even wearing make-up that day. Apparently the lighting didn't shine on my many gray hairs either.) I didn't have the heart to inform her that these days some twenty year olds have three children...Later when I was telling Derek I could barely get the story out because I was laughing. (The picture in my profile is from 2010.)
How were you blessed this week? Link up at Living to Tell the Story!