I have really been enjoying participating every week in the Friday Fave Five. In this rather repetitive, and typically not noteworthy, life as a stay at home mom, it helps me to focus on the positive, and more specifically, the blessings I have been given.
1. A day (few hours) out with the kids. Monday I spent several hours out with just Big Sis and Brother at a play place. We had not done anything like it before, and they had such fun. Bonus: A couple of my friends were also there!
2. A CLEAN bedroom. Last Saturday (and a bit of Sunday) I spent cleaning our bedroom. It was bad...but it's completely refreshing to finally have a clean room. If you don't mind seeing clutter, you can look here for the fuller story.
3. My mother-in-law visiting. My husband's mom is visiting for a long weekend. Our families are well over 4 hours away, but she visits fairly often...and she never feels like "company." Bonus: Grandma and Grandpa will actually be here Saturday and Sunday, too.
4. A field trip with Big Sis. With my MIL in town, I was able to go on my first field trip with Big Sis. (Siblings are not allowed.) It was actually really neat to see a bit of behind-the scenes of where service dogs are trained. (I even picked up a few brochures to give to Brother's neurologist when we see him in a couple weeks since the service dogs are able to be trained to sense seizures.) But really, the blessing was just being there for Big Sis.
5. Freedom. With my MIL being here, I was able to go on the field trip and run several errands on Thursday. All. By. Myself. Ah....freedom! Nothing like browsing the children's books at the library on my own. Simple pleasures!
Thank you, Susanne, for hosting Friday Fave Five at Living to Tell the Story so I can record some of these sweet blessings of life!