1. Derek. My husband is always on top of things. He had our taxes prepared (himself) before the month of January was even completed and the refund is now in our savings account.
2. Others' blessings. Two of my friends are expecting babies. It's wonderful news, but during these days they are also in need of much prayer. And a different (mixed) blessing, my friend, Carrie, may be displaced from her home due to a burned chicken/smoke damage (not fire), but her home and family are okay though much may need to be replaced.
3. Books! I had the opportunity to buy a big bag of books last weekend for just $5.
4. Figuring out that Mondays are a good opportunity to craft with the kids. It helps break up the day so that we enjoy ourselves (and fight less). This week we made the love rainbow craft. I think we may do something food-related or another heart craft this coming week.
5. My dining room is clean. A couple weeks ago we had friends over. Between our two families, we had to use the kitchen and dining room to eat (instead of just the kitchen). I cleaned it before their arrival, and I am thankful to say that it has NOT been a dumping ground since then. It has remained clean! Hopefully it will continue to stay clean, too.
Bonuses. Little Sis had her four month appointment (a bit early) Thursday. All is well, as expected. She weighs just over 13 pounds and is 23 inches long. Both are about the 50th percentile. Spent Thursday late afternoon sick and promptly went to bed upon Derek's arrival home. It was good to nap in the evening. Little Sis also slept the evening away after her vaccinations.
Linked to Friday Fave Five at
Living to Tell the Story.